Re: [OT] Re: Exact positioning of Indian Rupee symbol according to Unicode Technical Committee

From: Richard Wordingham <richard.wordingham_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 19:56:15 +0100

On Tue, 29 May 2012 12:52:12 -0700
"Doug Ewell" <doug_at_ewellic.org> wrote:

> And yes, of course it's possible to stack an entire new layer on top
> of the existing Windows key architecture, as Keyman does. Maybe that
> is the long-term solution, but I haven't heard that MS is planning to
> go that route.

I'm confused by this technology discussion. I thought the Windows
'Text Services Framework' was already available as a ready way to
implements one's own IME. For example, it's used by an open source
Keyman for Linux (KMFL) implementation for the Windows by the name of
Ekaya, and at the very least it has been used to implement a brute force
method of entering BMP characters by hex. (At least, it sounded like
brute force to me.)

Richard.