Re: Plese add a Chinese Hanzi

From: Andrew West <andrewcwest_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 15:14:56 +0100

I have found examples of the use of this character (鱼丹) in print in
the following academic article available on line:

"Composition and Status of Fishes of Nanla River in Xishuangbanna,
Yunnan, China"
ZHENG Lan-ping, CHEN Xiao-yong*, YANG Jun-xing
Zoological Research 2009, Jun. 30(3): 334−340

http://www.bioline.org.br/pdf?zr09050

See page 6: Wang XZ ref.; and Appendix I #1 Danio chrysotaeniata.

I personally think that rather than add characters such as this
piecemeal, it would be more useful if someone or some organization
could research what newly devised, unencoded characters are in use in
biology, chemistry, etc., and make a proposal to encode them all,
either via the Chinese national body or directly to IRG. Characters
used in modern scientific literature should be considered urgent use,
in my opinion, and encoded sooner rather than later.

Andrew