Re: ASSAMESE AND BENGALI CONTROVERSY IN UNICODE STANDARD ::::: SOLUTIONS

From: Satyakam Phukan <sphukan2011_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 20:02:43 +0100 (BST)

Similarity in the image of different letters does not mean they represent the same entity. The letters of Greek, Latin  and Cyrillic having similar forms prove that. Just the ability to be able to type the letters in its form is not all. They have to be represented correctly in all the codes, charts, blocks, ranges etc maintained by all responsible international organisations leaving no room for any grievances. I think I have told all I wanted to tell and conveyed all I wanted to convey. The matter is supposed to come before the Unicode Consortium through Government or other channels  let it be decided then. They can accept or reject ideas, decisions can again be challenged in other forums, it will go on till it ends. Dr Satyakam Phukan