Re: Too narrowly defined: DIVISION SIGN & COLON

From: Mark Davis ☕ <mark_at_macchiato.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 16:22:06 -0700

I would disagree about the preference for ratio; I think it is a historical
accident in Unicode.

What people use and have used for ratio is simply a colon. One writes 3:5,
and I doubt that there was a well-established visual difference that
demanded a separate code for it, so someone would need to write 3∶5 instead.

Mark <https://plus.google.com/114199149796022210033>
*
*
*— Il meglio è l’inimico del bene —*