Re: Searching data: map countries to scripts

From: Mark Davis ☕ <mark_at_macchiato.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 09:30:26 +0200

My thought exactly; people seem to be going off in the weeds.

Someone in transit in the Auckland Airport in a moment of weakness took who
Pendulums, Astrology and Runes class. Does that mark New Zealand as using
the Runic script?

The stated goal of the original question was around mapping countries to
scripts, with some kind of cut-off point. As a first approximation, the
data in CLDR could be used to map countries to languages, and languages to
scripts. Here are the charts; the machine-readable data is in XML.

http://unicode.org/repos/cldr-tmp/trunk/diff/supplemental/territory_language_information.html

http://unicode.org/repos/cldr-tmp/trunk/diff/supplemental/languages_and_scripts.html

Mark <https://plus.google.com/114199149796022210033>
*