Re: Searching data: map countries to scripts

From: Leif Halvard Silli <xn--mlform-iua_at_xn--mlform-iua.no>
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 12:01:59 +0200

David Starner, Wed, 22 Aug 2012 00:55:25 -0700:

http://unicode.org/repos/cldr-tmp/trunk/diff/supplemental/territory_language_information.html

http://unicode.org/repos/cldr-tmp/trunk/diff/supplemental/languages_and_scripts.html

> He's already done that, in the first post, where he also says "Russia
> has only Cyrl associated, while, as far as I can tell, at least Latn
> and Arab should also be mentioned, also perhaps some historic
> scripts." So we're going nowhere this thread didn't start out going.

I perceived what he said about Cyrl and Russia to be related to public,
non-religious use - in Russia.

His overall approach is to map public script usage to language to
regions. If the map had tried to document religion related script
cultivation, then the map would looked different - more diverse, and
with more 'dead scripts' coming alive.

--
leif halvard silli