Re: Compiling a list of Semitic transliteration characters

From: Bill Poser <billposer2_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2012 15:15:37 -0700

It is also at least logically possible for there to be transliterations
from Semitic writing systems to non-Roman writing systems. I'm not aware of
such a thing, but one can imagine, for example, Russian work using a
Cyrillic-based transliteration. Even if such things are not in scholarly
use, I bet they are used in phrase books for travelers and that sort of
thing. I have used Japanese tourist guides and phrase books that
transliterate foreign languages into kana.