Re: problem with combining diacritcs in HTML5

From: Jukka K. Korpela <jkorpela_at_cs.tut.fi>
Date: Tue, 09 Oct 2012 20:51:19 +0300

2012-10-09 20:32, Bill Poser wrote:

> No, I was contrasting the behaviour of s followed by U+0332, for which
> there is no precomposed letter, with U+1E95, which is the precomposed
> equivalent of z followed by U+0332.

You meant to write “followed by U+0331” at the end. But in any case,
this is a matter of contrasting a letter followed by a combining
diacritic (a “decomposed letter”) with a precomposed character. You
could equally well have contrasted U+0332 with its canonical
decomposition; in HTML terms,

&#x1e95;<br>
z&#x332;

These render differently (except on Firefox), when e.g. Courier New is used.

Yucca