Re: texteditors that can process and save in different encodings

From: Doug Ewell <doug_at_ewellic.org>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2012 11:15:00 -0700

Jukka K. Korpela <jkorpela at cs dot tut dot fi> wrote:

> As far as I can see, the “Encoding” menu in “Save As” in BabelPad has
> just a small set of encodings to choose from, basically just UTF-8 and
> UTF-16 and GP18030. There’s UTF-32 and SCSU too… the rest is not
> encodings but file formats (ASCII encoding, with non-ASCII characters
> represented using various escape notations, like \u1234 (“ASCII Plus
> something”). But not even ISO-8859-1.

Actually, there is an easy (if not very intuitive) way to save text in
BabelPad as ISO 8859-1, as long as all characters are within the 8859-1
range, and there are no control characters other than CR, LF, and HT
(Tab). Anyone want to guess what that is?

--
Doug Ewell | Thornton, Colorado, USA
http://www.ewellic.org | @DougEwell ­