Re: cp1252 decoder implementation

From: Buck Golemon <buck_at_yelp.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2012 08:34:48 -0800

> So don't say that there are one-for-one equivalences.

I was just quoting this section of the standard:
http://www.unicode.org/versions/Unicode6.2.0/ch16.pdf

> There is a simple, one-to-one mapping between 7-bit (and 8-bit) control
codes and the Unicode control codes: every 7-bit (or 8-bit) control code is
numerically equal to its corresponding Unicode code point.

A one-to-one equivalency between bytes and unicode-points is exactly what
is specified here, limited to the domain of "8-bit control codes".