Re: help with an unknown character

From: Elbrecht <sirfonts_at_mac.com>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 22:44:54 +0100

Hi Ben -

thanks for your input - I just didn't look for a "logical" character under "Letterlike Symbols" - somehow!
The glyph would fit well somehow for me - what was it's use in printing jobs in the 1930s - any? Who knows?
Formal Logical is a rather late development of the 20th Century - for continental philosophy especially.
So the question would be: was this logical character in use in Central European philosophical publications?

Eberhard alias Edward Conze turned to become "the" Prajñāpāramitā pandit later: conze.elbrecht.com/

HE

# # #

On Jan 11, 2013, at 6:48 PM, Ben Scarborough <scarboroughben_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> 2013-01-10 23:28, Elbrecht wrote:
>> elbrecht.com/SW.png [400KB]
>>
>> On title of a 1932/33 book on the "Principal of Contradiction" -
>> a mathematical/logical character in use for book printing???
>
> I'm surprised that nobody pinned this as U+2129 TURNED GREEK SMALL LETTER IOTA.
>
> —Ben Scarborough

# # #

名 非 〇
我 我 我