Re: German »ß«

From: Julian Bradfield <jcb+unicode_at_inf.ed.ac.uk>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2013 07:19:23 +0000 (GMT)

On 2013-02-17, Philippe Verdy <verdy_p_at_wanadoo.fr> wrote:
> True lowercase letters are causing problems on road sign indicators on
> roads with high speed : they are hard to read and if the driver has to
> look at them for one more second, he does not look at the road.

AS I SAID, empirical evaluation by those who had good cause to care
about the issue indicates the opposite, that people take longer to
read all caps (as is also the case in normal text).
This evaluation was done specifically for high speed roads. It
included live testing on one motorway.

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.