Re: s-j combination in Unicode?

From: Stephan Stiller <stephan.stiller_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Feb 2013 00:30:29 -0800

> As far as real ambiguities are introduced, the loss of capitalization
> on the first letter introduces far more, impressionistically speaking,
> and they might be legally subtle
Though, to partially correct myself, /this/ is an issue for English, but
not really for German.

But I have to ask one more thing:
> Since the latter is expected to be rare, I personally would be
> comfortable with making a code point for it, so that fonts like this,
> which are actually used, can be mapped to Unicode w/o forcing people
> into weird fallbacks over a rare character.
Why would that be so? I thought your normal way of doing things is
require attestation of a particular usage. If a character is more
frequent, it's more likely we're convinced of its being used in a
particular way.

Stephan