Re: s-j combination in Unicode?

From: Stephan Stiller <stephan.stiller_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2013 21:55:02 -0800

from earlier:
> Otto Scholz
Oops, sorry. "Otto Stolz".

> And usually not totally sense-destroying to a human reader with
> context available. But these fallbacks allow clear "misspelled" words
> to appear, not just miscapitalized ones. That's huge.

I'm all for a capital version of ß and other such letters, but you may
be talking in extremes too much. As far as real ambiguities are
introduced, the loss of capitalization on the first letter introduces
far more, impressionistically speaking, and they might be legally
subtle; though those very sporadically occurring ones coming from "SS"
are more likely to be "totally sense-destroying", yes. What I'm also
saying is that it's a minor issue compared to the destruction of
readability by usage of all-caps in the first place. I'd rather focus on
avoiding ambiguity in written language otherwise. Those concerning
syntactic structure are troublesome, for example.