RE: Private Use Area

From: Doug Ewell <doug_at_ewellic.org>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 12:42:11 -0700

Asmus Freytag <asmusf at ix dot netcom dot com> wrote:

> Note that the default treatment for sorting, captilization, and a host
> of other functions is not going to work for you or most users, for
> that matter, because, unlike the case of fonts, there's no widely
> supported data format for submitting details of you to "interpret" a
> character outside rendering.

I tried to do something like this for the Ewellic alphabet:

http://ewellic.org/alphabet/properties.html
http://ewellic.org/alphabet/collation.html

The properties are in UnicodeData.txt format, but the collation order is
neither human- nor machine-friendly. Even if I converted the collation
order to CLDR format, it's still true that I couldn't just plug my files
into a commercial application and magically get the desired behavior.
Good thing the script is just a left-to-right layout of boxes.

--
Doug Ewell | Thornton, CO, USA
http://ewellic.org | @DougEwell ­