Re: Arabic quoting characters

From: Stephan Stiller <stephan.stiller_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 12:30:38 -0700

On 6/14/2013 11:45 AM, Roozbeh Pournader wrote:
> They are unified with the double angle quotation marks. Persian also
> uses the round version (and if if I remember correctly, Greek too).

Where can one find such information? Btw /decodeunicode/ doesn't say
anything about this:
     http://decodeunicode.org/u+00AB
(Also, the information there isn't quite right: I think I would
lowercase the names in English and add quotation marks or italicization,
and I'm only aware of TeX calling them "guillemots", it should be easy
to track the origin of "guillemot".) Oh, the German version says a lot more
http://decodeunicode.org/de/left-pointing_double_angle_quotation_mark
but it doesn't contain the information necessary to answer Michael's
question.

I'm wondering whose task it should be considered to record such
information – because if it's noone's responsibility ...

Stephan