Re: Mayan numerals (again)

From: Marion Gunn <mgunn_at_egt.ie>
Date: Mon, 01 Jul 2013 15:40:14 +0100

I also remember your proposal, Jameson, which I believe to be worthwhile
and urgently needed by the community of users you described at that time
(whether the full discussion following on your sending your proposal to
'Unicode List' <unicode_at_unicode.org> has been preserved for reference in
the archives of this list, I can not say for certain, though I would
hope and expect that it has). As to procedures, all I can add of help to
the last line of Fréderic's msg (below) of today, is that my best guess
(from long observation of transactions on this and related lists
spanning a couple of decades)— my best guess is that the only sure way
is to succeed with any proposal put to Unicode is to the right insiders
on your side, that is, people to whom Unicode pays attention, because
the substance of your proposal, however valid and whatever its practical
merit for your user community, is most unlikely to gain success unless
you can recruit the personal support of private individuals/companies
with influence in/over Unicode, which you may be able to work out for
yourself by observing such e-mails as surface publicly here.

I wish you every success, because I believe you deserve that.
mg

Scríobh 24/06/2013 09:26, Frédéric Grosshans:

--
Marion Gunn * eGteo (Estab.1991)
27 Páirc an Fhéithlinn, Baile an