Re: ASCII control codes in sequences of multibyte character sets

From: Steffen <sdaoden_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2013 13:49:19 +0200

"Doug Ewell" <doug_at_ewellic.org> wrote:
 |I asked because, as Philippe said, an octet is the same as an 8-bit
 |byte.

That was i thought!
You have to live with the fact that a normal craftsman has to
picture things to understand 'em… Also i'm german, we love to
have drawers for things. (You should try that too, it's very
practical.)
Aaand i'm also suicide golden blonde (or say, have remainders).

I'm about to look into the standard to see the official
differenciation in between fixed-width multibyte and
variable-width multibyte character sets.

 |--
 |Doug Ewell | Thornton, CO, USA
 |http://ewellic.org | @DougEwell ­

--steffen