UTR #50, Unicode Vertical Text Layout, now published

From: <announcements_at_unicode.org>
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2013 16:17:52 -0700

The Unicode Consortium is pleased to announce the first published
version of UTR #50, Unicode Vertical Text Layout. Up until now, vertical
text layout has been challenging for implementers due to the somewhat
ambiguous nature of character orientation, and often relied on
information that is buried deep within font formats. This Unicode
Technical Report lays the groundwork for a non-ambiguous vertical text
layout model that can serve a broad range of environments. Details can
be found at http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr50/ .

For general information about Unicode Technical Reports, please see
http://www.unicode.org/reports/about-reports.html

http://unicode-inc.blogspot.com/2013/09/utr-50-unicode-vertical-text-layout-now.html

----
All of the Unicode Consortium lists are strictly opt-in lists for members
or interested users of our standards. We make every effort to remove
users who do not wish to receive e-mail from us. To see why you are getting
this mail and how to remove yourself from our lists if you want, please
see http://www.unicode.org/consortium/distlist.html#announcements