Re: Why blackletter letters?

From: Asmus Freytag <asmusf_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 10:01:43 -0700

Good question, Jean-François.

I seem to recall that typographers may make a distinction between
"black-letter" and "fraktur" forms, but even if they, the differences
are typographical, not essential. For the purpose of *character*
encoding, one would need to make a very strong rationale for disunifying
these.

This rationale is absent in document WG2 N3907 that requests these
characters.

Therefore, it seems these two additions should not have been made.

A./