RE: Henry Luce Foundation Grant to Unicode in Support of Encoding Tangut

From: Michel Suignard <michel_at_suignard.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 22:14:14 +0000

Again look at the encoding proposals. For example, many have been sponsored by SEI. Funds were disbursed to experts doing the ground work. They are all dedicated by definition. Of course it is easier to get traction for an encoding proposals when there have been some source of funding. What is new here?
We (as officers) have been dealing with these constraints all the time and are ultimately responsible in front of the board of directors to accomplish the Unicode Consortium objectives.
Concerning the limited timeframe, I would almost laugh at it. These days one of the main issues is to fight the ISO bureaucracy that would slow down the work even more. If a proposal is mature we'll take it any day for further processing.

Michel