Re: letters that "complete the rectangle" in Indic scripts

From: Stephan Stiller <stephan.stiller_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 19:17:58 -0700

>> I have been told that Devanagari contains letters (or a letter) that were
>> invented merely to complete the rectangular C-V table; not sure to what
>> extent they (or it) were used subsequently.
> In which reference is this mentioned?
I was referring to oral communication (above I wrote "I have been
told"), and I've indicated where (Wiki) I found the little that I could
find.

That said, I think the person telling me this read "Einführung in die
indischen Schriften" (there are two parts; publisher: Helmut Buske Verlag).

Anyways, thanks for the info.

Stephan