Re: Engmagate?

From: Leo Broukhis <leob_at_mailcom.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2013 14:25:52 -0800

Hmmm... As a person with Russian as the first language I can assure you
that from any literate Russian-speaking person's perspective italic ū is an
unacceptable and *WRONG* representation of п (because in Russian, unlike
Serbian, there is й). Should we bother disunifying?

The fact that the lowercase letter is the same in both cases proves that
the difference between N-Eng and n-Eng is purely stylistic rather than
semantic. Unicode shouldn't bother with those minutia.

> I suppose nothing will happen until the governments of eng-using
countries come together with a proposal.

Let's hope so. I wish they never do.

Leo