RE: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Do you know a tool to decode "UTF-8 twice"

From: Tex Texin <textexin_at_xencraft.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2014 13:09:16 -0800

Since it isn’t cp1252 nor iso8859, perhaps call it whatwg-latin or whatwg-1.

If, or when, 1252 is updated to assign a character to an undefined
codepoint, it will be problematic to have them both refer to 1252.

For example, if a new currency symbol is added in Latin America, as has been
discussed from time to time.

Anyone writing decoders for the Whatwg encoding should also be on notice
that it is not necessarily a superset of 1252 going forward, and should
design for the potential distinction down the road.

I am tempted to suggest we call it “Whatwg-Not-your-fathers-1252” which also
would serve appropriate notice…

tex