Re: ?MP = Multi*lingual* plane?

From: Marion Gunn <mgunn_at_egt.ie>
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2014 12:10:51 +0000

Twice as lovely when an immediately comprehensible term is used
consistently (for example, our old faithful "multilingual"), be that
term precise or no, rather than coin new terms without due reason, which
could take years to become current amongst end users and yet more years
to understand.
mg

Scríobh 27/02/2014 15:30, Asmus Freytag:
> On 2/27/2014 2:32 AM, Shriramana Sharma wrote:
>> Given that Unicode encodes scripts and not languages, how appropriate
>> is it to call the BMP and the SMP as the multi*lingual* planes?
>>
> Isn't it lovely how these things work?
>
> A./

Marion Gunn * eGteo (Estab.1991)
27 Páirc an Fhéithlinn, Baile an