Re: The application of localized read-out labels

From: William_J_G Overington <wjgo_10009_at_btinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2014 08:02:40 +0100 (BST)

The text of the first post in this thread was not recorded in the archive of the Unicode Public Email List. Maybe because there was an attachment to the post?

This post is so as to include a transcript of the text of that post in the archive of the Unicode Public Email List.

William Overington

Transcript:

> William, the UTC is not in the business of creating file formats for localization data.

> Peter

Thank you for replying.

Feeling that a format for the particular application is important I have now produced a format myself and published it.

Please find a copy attached.

Posting the publication as an attachment here will also hopefully place it in the mailing list archives for long-term availability.

I have also sent a copy to the British Library for Legal Deposit.

The publication has the following title.

The format of the readouts.dat file suggested for possible use in the application of localized read-out labels

The file has the following file name.

The_format_of_the_readouts.dat_file_suggested_for_possible_use_in_the_application_of_localized_read-out_labels.pdf

William Overington