Re: Unclear text in the UBA (UAX#9) of Unicode 6.3

From: Asmus Freytag <asmusf_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2014 09:52:43 -0700

On 4/22/2014 9:02 AM, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> an resolve it, so we match 1) and 6).
> But that's wrong, isn't it?

Yes, brain fart.

> I agree, but let me try to say the same more concisely:
>
> A bracket pair is a pair of an opening paired bracket and a closing
> paired bracket characters within the same isolating run sequence,
> such that the Bidi_Paired_Bracket property value of the former
> character or its canonical equivalent equals the latter character
> or its canonical equivalent, and provided that a closing bracket is
> matched to the closest match candidate, disregarding any candidates
> that either already have a closer match, or are enclosed in a
> matched pair of other 2 bracket characters.

I think that this (or something like this might work), but that we are
better off
splitting this into a definition and a rule as I have proposed in my

In the rest of the bidi algorithm, rules are used to describe actions
taken on scanning text, and "resolving" bracket pairs is such a scan.

A./