Unicode Security Data: Beta Review

From: <announcements_at_unicode.org>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2014 08:15:45 -0700

The documents and data for two Public Review Issues have been recently
revised. The issues are PRI #272 Proposed Update UTR #36, Unicode
Security Considerations <http://www.unicode.org/review/pri272/> and PRI
#273 Proposed Update UTS #39, Unicode Security Mechanisms
<http://www.unicode.org/review/pri273/>.

We have revised the draft data for UTS #39: Unicode Security Mechanisms
<http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr39/proposed.html> (confusables and
identifier restrictions) for review. There are also some small changes
to the text of UTR #36: Unicode Security Considerations
<http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr36/proposed.html>, mostly cleanup in
preparation for publication. The most important data files for review are:

    * http://unicode.org/Public/security/7.0.0/confusablesSummary.txt
      The number of identified confusables increased from 6,156 items to
      6,673, about an 8% gain. The most important characters to review
      are those that are confusable with high-use scripts. We ask
      reviewers to pay particular attention to characters confusable
      with characters from high-use scripts.
    * http://unicode.org/Public/security/7.0.0/xidmodifications.txt
      There are very few new allowed characters from 7.0; most are
      marked as restricted. We ask reviewers to confirm that none of the
      restricted characters are in high-frequency modern use.

These files can be downloaded from
http://unicode.org/Public/security/7.0.0 and diffed against the
corresponding files in http://unicode.org/Public/security/6.3.0

http://unicode-inc.blogspot.com/2014/05/unicode-security-data-beta-review.html

----
All of the Unicode Consortium lists are strictly opt-in lists for members
or interested users of our standards. We make every effort to remove
users who do not wish to receive e-mail from us. To see why you are getting
this mail and how to remove yourself from our lists if you want, please
see http://www.unicode.org/consortium/distlist.html#announcements