Re: Corrigendum #9

From: David Starner <prosfilaes_at_gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2014 13:32:43 -0700

On Mon, Jun 2, 2014 at 8:48 AM, Markus Scherer <markus.icu_at_gmail.com> wrote:
> Right, in principle. However, it should be ok to include noncharacters in
> CLDR data files for processing by CLDR implementations, and it should be
> possible to edit and diff and version-control and web-view those files etc.

Why? It seems you're changing the rules so some Unicode guys can get
oversmart in using Unicode in their systems. You could do the same
thing everyone else does and use special tags or symbols you have to
escape. I would especially discourage any web browser from handling
these; they're noncharacters used for unknown purposes that are
undisplayable and if used carelessly for their stated purpose, can
probably trigger serious bugs in some lamebrained utility.

--
Kie ekzistas vivo, ekzistas espero.