RE: How to seet up a Unicode 7-aware OpenType features lookup table for your fonts

From: Robert Wheelock <rwhlk142_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2014 16:45:50 -0400

Hello!

I’ve been editing fonts with FontLab Studio for some time now, but HAVE NOT
YET really delved into editing OpenType features lookup tables...

(1) How’d you start? May I use FontLab Studio to do my OTF tables, or
MUST I use VOLT?

(2) In a Unicode 7-capable OT font, what letter/accent and ligature
combinations should I include?

(3) How should I use the 20 Stylistic Sets (ss01 through ss20) to my BEST
advantage?

(4) What online resources are available to help me create suitable OTF
lookup tables for my fonts?

Your cooperation would be greatly appreciated. Thank You!

Robert Lloyd Wheelock
INTERNATIONAL SYMBOLISM RESEARCH INSTITUTE
Augusta, ME U.S.A.