RE: Noto adds CJK, plus new user-facing website

From: Whistler, Ken <ken.whistler_at_sap.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2014 17:08:51 +0000

Andrew,

Everybody recognizes the potential risks of getting out too
far over one's skis in implementations, but this particular one
seems a relatively small risk. Seldom (if ever?) has a NB
objected in ballot to these small repertoire additions that
have periodically been tacked on at the end of the URO
range, once they have been reviewed and gone into ballot.
Everybody recognizes that these 4 are needed. So for
Adobe Source Han to implement early, given the lead times
involved, seems like a smart move to me. It is just additional
incentive for the various NB's involved in the ballot review
to not mess with the code point allocations for these 4
during ballot comments. ;-)

--Ken