Re: Code charts and code points

From: Asmus Freytag <asmusf_at_ix.netcom.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2014 09:21:04 -0700

On 10/24/2014 4:51 AM, Jukka K. Korpela wrote:
> 2014-10-24 11:17, "Martin J. Dürst" wrote:
>
>> The code charts are published as PDFs. In general, text in PDFs can be
>> copypasted elsewhere. Is there something in place that makes sure that
>> "wrong" Unicode encodings for glyphs published in code charts don't leak
>> elsewhere?
>
> It seems that there isn’t. Whether this is serious is a different issue.

I posit that it is mostly an inconvenience. I understand that most fonts
used nowadays
are encoded correctly, anyway. But there are exceptions and where they
are unavoidable
for chart production, getting a chart to display correctly trumps
copy&paste.

Also, the situation is never static, each version uses a different set
of fonts.

In either case, it's not the same issue as creating (and exchanging)
running text.

A./