Is there an IBM group mark symbol?

From: Ken Shirriff <>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2015 08:55:01 -0800

I'm writing about the IBM 1401 and there's one character from its character
set that I couldn't find in Unicode: the group mark. The group mark is
three horizontal lines with a vertical line through it (see attached
image). This character is used in various books and publications, so it's a
"real" symbol that is used in text. Would it make sense for me to submit a
proposal to add this character?

Group mark image (from

Thank you,

Unicode mailing list

Received on Fri Jan 30 2015 - 10:58:33 CST

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.2.0 : Fri Jan 30 2015 - 10:58:33 CST