Re: Emoji (was: Re: Unicode block for programming related symbols and codepoints?)

From: Mark Davis ☕️ <mark_at_macchiato.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2015 17:45:24 +0100

We are being pretty conservative about what we add. There are approximately
1,200 emoji characters now (see tr51), and we're anticipating adding
perhaps 50 per release. And we are encouraging a "sticker" approach for the
longer term.

On the other hand, I wouldn't be surprised if the 41 emoji characters that
we are planning on for Unicode 8.0 end up having a higher frequency of use
than the other 7K characters in the release.

Mark <https://google.com/+MarkDavis>

*— Il meglio è l’inimico del bene —*