Re: Are you CONFUSED about WHAT CHARACTER(S) you type?!?!

From: Mark Davis ☕️ <mark_at_macchiato.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2015 10:55:24 +0100

It only provides a "stand-in" glyph if you don't otherwise have a font for
that character on your system. That "stand-in" just indicates the type of
character (eg script).

No single font with current technology can handle all of Unicode. The most
complete open font set I know of is the Noto family:
https://www.google.com/get/noto/. I don't think it has a full set of
symbols (others: correct me if I'm wrong.) Symbola is pretty good for
arbitrary symbols.

There are many other resources on http://unicode.org/resources/fonts.html.

Mark <https://google.com/+MarkDavis>

*— Il meglio è l’inimico del bene —*