Re: preliminary proposal: New Unicode characters for Arabic music half-flat and half-sharp

From: Garth Wallace <gwalla_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2015 14:29:49 -0700

Right, I was just pointing out that Turkish music is a potential
complication if changing the glyph for MUSICAL SYMBOL QUARTER TONE
FLAT.

Here's how I understand it:
Arabic music - uses the flat-with-stroke exclusively as a quarter tone flat
Western quarter tone music - uses the reversed flat and
flat-with-stroke interchangeably as a quarter tone flat, but the
reversed flat is more common
Turkish music - uses both the reversed flat and flat-with-stroke
contrastively (neither, strictly speaking, as a quarter tone flat
since quarter tones do not exist in Turkish music)