preliminary proposal: New Unicode characters for Arabic music half-flat and half-sharp

From: Johnny Farraj <johnnyfarraj_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2015 03:21:39 +0000 (UTC)

Dear unicode list members,
I wish to get feedback about a new character submission proposal.
Currently the Miscellaneous Symbols table (2600-26FF) includes the following characters:
266D ♭ MUSIC FLAT SIGN266F ♯ MUSIC SHARP SIGN

while the Musical Symbols table (1D100 - 1D1FF) includes the following characters:
1D12A 𝄪 MUSICAL SYMBOL DOUBLE SHARP1D12B 𝄫 MUSICAL SYMBOL DOUBLE FLAT1D12C 𝄬 MUSICAL SYMBOL FLAT UP1D12D 𝄭 MUSICAL SYMBOL FLAT DOWN1D130 𝄰 MUSICAL SYMBOL SHARP UP
1D131 𝄱 MUSICAL SYMBOL SHARP DOWN1D132 𝄲 MUSICAL SYMBOL QUARTER TONE SHARP1D133 𝄳 MUSICAL SYMBOL QUARTER TONE FLAT I am proposing the addition of 2 new characters to the Musical Symbols table:
- the half-flat sign (lower note by a quarter tone) - the half-sharp sign (raise note by a quarter tone)

  These are widely used in Arabic music notation, and they express intervals that are multiples of quarter tones.

I am the primary sponsor of this proposal. As far as my credentials, I am the owner of http://maqamworld.com,%c2%a0the most widely used online resource on Arabic music theory, in English.I can also enlist the support of many academics in the ethnomusicology field, who specialize in Arabic music.
I welcome any feedback on this proposal.
thanks
Johnny Farrajjohnnyfarraj_at_yahoo.com