Re: Tag characters and in-line graphics (from Tag characters)

From: William_J_G Overington <wjgo_10009_at_btinternet.com>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2015 12:50:09 +0100 (BST)

Responding to Mark E. Shoulson:

The big advantage of this new format is that the result is an unambiguous Unicode plain text file and could be placed within a file of plain text without having to make the whole document a markup file to some format. Plain text is the key advantage.

The following may be useful as a guide to the original problem that I am trying to solve.

http://www.unicode.org/reports/tr51/tr51-2.html#Longer_Term

I tried to apply the brilliant new "base character followed by tag characters" format to the problem.

In the future, maybe Serif DrawPlus will have the ability to export a picture to this new format.

William Overington