Re: Precomposed Cyrillic letters

From: Markus Scherer <markus.icu_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2015 09:37:21 -0700

On Thu, Jul 9, 2015 at 8:53 AM, Doug Ewell <doug_at_ewellic.org> wrote:

> From http://www.unicode.org/L2/L2015/15169-montenegro-cyrillic.pdf,
> "Addition of two letters from Montenegrin language, CYRILLIC script":
>
> > 9. Can any of the proposed characters be encoded using a composed
> > character sequence of either existing characters or other proposed
> > characters?
> > No
>
> Saying it doesn't make it so:

Right, although I doubt that the proposers monitor this mailing list...

In case an interested party is listening: If sr-ME needs different locale
data than sr, then one could contribute such data to CLDR
<http://cldr.unicode.org/>.
See the current state:
http://unicode.org/cldr/trac/browser/trunk/common/main/sr_Cyrl_ME.xml

markus