Re: Rare "Thousand sign" (or "Millar") in XIX century Spaniard books

From: Philippe Verdy <verdy_p_at_wanadoo.fr>
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2015 17:51:11 +0100

Le 16 nov. 2015 13:56, "Marcel Schneider" <charupdate_at_orange.fr> a écrit :
> The third looks like a turned small ligature ff. I see no other way than
using two turned f's (eventually with reduced letter spacing):

> U+025F LATIN SMALL LETTER DOTLESS J WITH STROKE, U+025F LATIN SMALL
LETTER DOTLESS J WITH STROKE

If this is a ligature of two letters they really should be joined with
ZWJ... Otherwisecthectwo letters will not have any signifiance and won't be
associated with the millar, they'll juste read as strange two letters which
are not even an abbreviation of the millar word.
Such hint is needed in this case, semantically, even if the ligature will
not necessarily be rendered.