RE: Unicode in the Curriculum?

From: Shawn Steele <Shawn.Steele_at_microsoft.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2016 23:27:25 +0000

Then it should be UTF-8. Learning to do something in a non-Unicode code page and then redoing it for UTF-8 or UTF-16 merely leads to conversion problems, incompatibilities, and other nonsense.

If someone “needs” to not use UTF-16 for whatever reason, then they should use UTF-8. The “advanced” training should be the other non-Unicode code pages.

Teach them right the first time. They’ll never use a code page.

-Shawn