Re: Uranian Astrology Symbols

From: David Faulks <davidj_faulks_at_yahoo.ca>
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2016 19:44:27 +0000 (UTC)

> On Sun, 2/7/16, Asmus Freytag <asmusf_at_ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> Subject: Re: Uranian Astrology Symbols
> To: "Chris Jacobs" <chris.jacobs_at_xs4all.nl>, "David Faulks" <davidj_faulks_at_yahoo.ca>

>>On 2/7/2016 1:02 PM, Chris Jacobs wrote:

[ text cut ]

>> This website gives four different shapes, not counting
>> the Discordian one.
>> http://www.zanestein.com/Trans-pluto.htm#UB313
>>
>> Chris

[ text cut ]

> So, the question here would be: are these different shapes of the
> same symbol, or different symbols used for the same purpose.

> From the website I would think we have at least 4
> distinct symbols. Two of the shapes look like they might be
> alternate representations of the same symbol.

In addition to Eris, there is also a related issue for Pluto. The encoding of U+26E2 ⛢, separate from U+2645 ♅, for Uranus, seems to set a precedent, and there are at least 3 extra symbols for Pluto that are in use. This has been discussed before. Should these (or at least the most common one) be encoded as well?

> A./

David