Uranian Astrology Symbols

From: David Faulks <davidj_faulks_at_yahoo.ca>
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2016 14:11:27 +0000 (UTC)

Hello,

I'm investigating the possibility of adding more astrology symbols to Unicode. There is a branch of Western Astrology known as ‘Uranium Astrology’, or the ‘Hamburg School’, which among other things uses a set of 8 ‘astrological planets’ (Cupido, Hades, Zeus, Kronos, Apollon, Admetos, Vulcanus, Poseidon). These ‘planets’ have well defined symbols.

Here are some sites on Uranian Astrology:
http://theuranianastrologer.com/
http://uraniansociety.com/
http://arlenekramer.net/uranian.asp
http://www.uranian-institute.org/
http://eastrologer.net/uranian-astrology/
https://uranianastrologybooks.com/

The last one reveals that there are many published books on this type of astrology. However, blindly buying books just on the chance they might contain in-text examples of these symbols—to use for examples in the proposal—is not something I feel inclined to do.

Therefore, I am hoping I can use pdf examples found on the internet, such as ...

http://uraniansociety.com/USIG_articles/article_history_of_uranian_astrology_michael_feist.pdf (page 13)
http://www.astrology-x-files.com/report/Johnny%20Carson-Asteroids.pdf (scattered use of symbols)
http://www.witte-verlag.com/media/djcatalog/TNE_1870-2070-Pages_4_5_7_199.pdf (not a very good example)
http://www.tonybonin.de/IQ-Jauch.PDF (Page 10)
http://holestoheavens.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/astro-copy.pdf (page 2 lists a bunch of symbols)
http://www.rojn-info.com/images/1172753867/urephem2004.pdf (tabular data)
http://ridoux.fr/spip/IMG/pdf/-31.pdf (tables inside charts, not a very good example)
http://ridoux.fr/spip/IMG/pdf/-33.pdf (better tables, like on page 7)

In particular, I have found this page : http://www.astrax.de/download.html, which contains many downloads for what seems to be a German astrology magazine, and a quick check reveals that at least most of them contain in-text examples of the uranian planet symbols. This magazine might even have been printed — I can't really tell, since I don't speak german.

Also, I've found a description of a TEX package which has them:
http://ansuz.sooke.bc.ca/astrology/starfont/starfont.pdf

I would like some advice and input on whether this is okay, and if so, which block should receive these symbols.

Also, Eris:
http://www.moreplutos.com/AstroJournal-SeptOct2014_Eris-corr-opt.pdf
(The symbol used there can be unified with U+29EC)