Re: Uranian Astrology Symbols

From: David Faulks <davidj_faulks_at_yahoo.ca>
Date: Sun, 7 Feb 2016 21:51:48 +0000 (UTC)

(making sure my response goes to the mailing list)
> On Sun, 2/7/16, Chris Jacobs <chris.jacobs_at_xs4all.nl> wrote:

> Seems there is no agreement what the Eris symbol should
> look like. This website gives four different shapes, not counting
> the Discordian one.
> http://www.zanestein.com/Trans-pluto.htm#UB313

> Chris

The situation seems to have settled down now. I have looked at plenty of astrological charts, and the circle/oval with downwards arrow is all over the place, including the covers of books. None of the charts used Zane Stein's symbol, one early chart used the ‘Hand of Eris’, and one Polish chart used the ‘Polish Symbol’. All of the others used the circle with downwards arrow, and I have read it described as ‘now-standardized’.

David