Re: Girl, 12, charged for threatening her school with emojis

From: Frédéric Grosshans <frederic.grosshans_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2016 11:14:22 +0100

Le 29/02/2016 22:55, Philippe Verdy a écrit :
> So it's not the meaning, nor the technical mean by which these terms
> were sent which is essential, the court will in fact want to judge
> about the intent and the effective psychological nature of this
> threat. What is the real intent of a 12-year old girl? There's not
> enough element in the short message to judge and given her age she
> does not really realize that this could have a so dramatic effect
> (nobody has experienced that before based on only three words which
> are not even evident personal insults).
>
> We'll have to bring to the fire many old famous comics (intended to
> children) showing similar images in bubbles instead of slang words, or
> label them "only for adults".

🔫 🔪 💣 indeed recall some of the symbols proposed by Karl Pentzlin in
2010 L2/10-402 <http://www.unicode.org/L2/L2010/10402-comic-symbols.pdf>
Proposal to encode some additional Comic Style Symbols
(http://www.unicode.org/L2/L2010/10402-comic-symbols.pdf ). It really
looks like comics-style swearwords to me

     Fred