Re: Swapcase for Titlecase characters

From: Doug Ewell <doug_at_ewellic.org>
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2016 10:40:06 -0600

Martin J. Dürst wrote:

> Now the question I have is: What to do for titlecase characters?
> [ ... ]
> For example, 'Džinsi' (jeans) would become 'DžINSI' with a), 'DŽINSI' (or
> 'džinsi') with b), and 'dŽINSI' with c).

For the Latin letters at least, my 0.02 cents' worth (you read that
right) is that they are probably so infrequently used that option (b)
would be just fine.

As one anecdote (which is even less like "data" than two anecdotes), I
could not find any of the characters IJ ij DŽ Dž dž LJ Lj lj NJ Nj nj or their hex
equivalents in any of the CLDR keyboard definitions. I'd imagine that
users just type the two characters separately, and that consequently
most data in the real world is like that.

--
Doug Ewell | http://ewellic.org | Thornton, CO 🇺🇸