(no subject)

From: Garth Wallace <gwalla_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2016 15:47:23 -0700

On Wed, Jun 8, 2016 at 7:26 AM, David Faulks <davidj_faulks_at_yahoo.ca> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Just a question here.
>
> The Zodiac sign Capricorn has an alternate Glyph/Symbol (see below):
> http://www.capricornzodiacsign.net/capricornsymbol.htm
>
> It is only vaguely similar to the glyph found in the Unicode charts and astrological sites, and sometimes astrological software offers a choice between the two.
>
> Since every font I have checked on my computer, uses a glyph close to the Unicode charts (if they have Zodiac symbols at all), I am thinking that it might be best to propose this as a separate character.
>
> Is this a good idea?

Is it ever used alongside the more common symbol, with some semantic
distinction, or is it more of a stylistic choice?

> Also, Zodiac signs right now have Emoji representations. Would I have to submit this as an Emoji rather than a symbol? Would I have to make up a coloured Emoji Glyph?

I think the emoji representations of the standard zodiac symbols exist
because a Japanese cell phone provider put zodiac symbols in their
Shift-JIS emoji sets (since those symbols are not otherwise part of
the Shift-JIS standard).