Re: less-than or equal to with dot in the less-than part?

From: philip chastney <philip_chastney_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2016 07:33:46 +0000 (UTC)

there is another issue with these symbols -- they appear among the mathematical symbols but, in the reference given, they are used as delimiters

I know of no other application for these symbols other than as delimiters -- are they used as mathematical operators?

and how, in general, would one define the properties for characters which may sometimes be operators, and sometimes be delimiters?

/phil