Re: [UTR#51-8] 1.4.3 Emoji Variation Sequences: Female/Venus and Male/Mars Signs

From: Mark Davis ☕️ <mark_at_macchiato.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2016 16:49:27 +0200

Similarity or containment in the same block as current emoji characters is
not sufficient grounds for changing characters to have the Emoji property
(and thus being eligible for the text/emoji VS).

If there is a particular set of existing characters that you would like to
propose to become Emoji (eg, to have the Emoji binary property), see
information at http://unicode.org/emoji/selection.html#existing for how to
do so.

Mark