Re: Unicode Bidi Algorithm – Java reference implementation

From: Deepak Jois <deepak.jois_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2016 22:56:55 +0530

On Sat, Sep 17, 2016 at 9:53 PM, Khaled Hosny <khaledhosny_at_eglug.org> wrote:
> I think there is a C implementation that is kept up to date,

Yes, I found that one after I posted. FWIW, here are the changes for
the latest version:

https://gist.github.com/deepakjois/5a3ae81a105abd3523ed0efe2e52f52e/revisions

> is also a Python implementation that should pass the tests

That implementation looks very different from the C and Java versions.
I can’t tell by looking at a glance if it has been updated for the
changes in Unicode 8.0. But it definitely will not pass the tests in
BidiCharacter.txt because it lacks support for paired brackets.

I just finished writing a reference implementation in Lua[1] which is
a line by line port of the Java reference implementation and passes
nearly all tests in BidiCharacter.txt.

I now need to make the updates to support the changes in Unicode 8.0,
and I am finding it a bit hard to grok the changes in C at a glance.

Deepak

[1]: https://github.com/deepakjois/luabidi/blob/master/src/bidi.lua